...I hope my English won't be too bad!
- You think you've found a Jeans? you will find here all the information necessary for its identification: Identify a Jeans beetle
- Here's good news for Jeans owners. François Breton ordered covers for a mexican craftsman from the original seats. Satisfied with the result, he proposes to have it made, on demand, for other owners of Jeans. The price arrived in France would be 750 €, knowing that François does not take commission. Contact him for any further information at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The new dean of Jeans beetle is French! Here is the beautiful story that just happened to Fabien Flis. He has recovered a Jeans T out to be the oldest Jeans registred at this date ! According to its production plate, the beetle was built on August 23, 1973. On this same plate, is present the color code U3 instead of the usual E9 color code for the Tunis Gelb, This code seems to be used on the very early Jeans built. This new dean of Jeans beats by one day the previous title holder, Koen Bracke's Jeans beetle built on August 24, 1973.
- Seen at Chateau d'Oex in Switzerland, this 1982 Jeansbug with only 200 km. Amazing !
- Update of the MODEL YEAR 1975 page with a nice poster find by Carsten Dettmer.
- Update of the Model year 1982 page.
Who's talking about Jeans beetles ?
Update of model years 1974, 1975 pages with some tips for identifying a Jeans beetle and the "Jeans Kit" page with a VW dealer poster unearthed last year.
Addition: Creation of a page dedicated to Mexicans Jeans of
Here is the most beautiful discovery of the year ! Two N.O.S Jeans kits !
Parisian streets in 1975 ! Florent Gaufreteau (Blog:www.elcamino137.fr), sent me a
link of this video showing Renaud, a french singer, in bicycle in the
Parisian streets. Besides the very numerous french cars of 60's and
70's, we can see some VW.... and a Jeans beetle !
Florent is also the author of the posters "beetle VW Evolution" with the Jeans beetle.
Census: 2 Jeans beetles added.
- Census: 3 news Jeans beetles added.
- Archives: news of before 2008 are accessible (some links are not more active)
February 24, 2008: Hi all ! Here is a small update of Jeansbeetles! No, I didn't stop the research of information about Jeans beetles... but it becomes difficult to find some news.
- Super VW National 2007: A very humid edition... I could meet Aurélien Faquin and his brother, amateurs of Jeans beetles. The first drive a Mexican 95 model and the second in a model... that he invented and the result is very nice ! Here is the jeans beetle "washed stone" with his "faded" cloth assorted to the outside color of the beetle.
- On the road again !
Another frenche enthusiast,
Florent Gaufreteau, had participated at "le Rallye de l'Europe"
Jeans Kit : I ended up finding a set of N.O.S slipcovers, the kit is now complete. I am going to make reprint a set of sticker with the lateral strips, the logos and the famous sewings specific to the Jeans Kit.
- Update of the page Documents with 3 advertisements of the 1982 Jeansbug from Holland.
- Update of the page collectors with a keyring and a beautiful poster paints with an airbrush.
- Update of the page census with news Jeans beetles from Italy, England, France and Slovenia.
- Here are 2 websites dedicated to specials editions "Big" and "Special Bug"
December 23, 2006: Small update of the website in this december end. I wish you a merry christmas.
- I have updated the page of the collectors, with a new Jeans item seen on Ebay and a new post card.
- René, a Dutch internaut, sent me the link of a website showing the "heavy" restoration of his Jeans beetle. A very impressive work! www.volksrepairs.nl
- here, a QSL card of a Wolfsburg's amateur-radio operator, that shows an assembly line where 2 S716 Jeans beetles are assembled . A rare photo seen on www.bugmag.de . Unfortunately, I could not have any other information
- Found on the web by Geoffroy Lhoest, This Jeans victim of a genetic mutation...
- I complete my Jeans Kit gradually. 4 N.O.S hubcaps have just joined my small collection. I research a kit of Seats covers N.O.S or in very good condition (see: Jeans kit). Don't hesitate to contact me.
- To finish, update of the page census with 6 news Jeans from Italy, Ireland, Holland, Belgium and France.
October 02, 2006: Summer holidays are finished ! I hope that you have fun with your Jeans beetles during this summer.
Here is the last news since the month of June:
- I discovered, by chance, the VW community in Finland and I tried to know if Jeans beetles had been imported in this country. The answer is positive because I could find 3 of them quickly, in beautiful conditions. You can recover them on the page census
I could see only Jeans beetles, S716 editions, and all were equipped of protection of rear fender. It appears that this accessory is very current on the Finnish beetles. Indeed, in the northern countries as Finland or Sweden, there were a lot of gravelroads and this accessory protects rear fender's paintwork from stones and other things. It seems, on the other hand, that it is not an accessory gone up in factory .
- After some months of research, here is what I could discover on the very unrecognized "Jeans Kit." This kit permitted to make one Jeans look any beetle. The end of the mystery of the blue or green Jeans beetles? I dedicated a page to this accessory: The Jeans kit
- Jeans beetle in a movie ! Richard, a British internaut, whose parents drove a Jeans beetle, signalled me the existence of an English movie dating 1974 or the hero's buddy drive a brand new Jeans beetle. Several sequences of the movie make appear the Jeans beetle in her environment of the seventies. Discover a sequence of the movie to the page collectors
A big thank you to Richard to have made me know this movie !
- Rambouillet: The Vintage Classique took place last September 16. As usual, the court of the Bergerie Nationale was full of our favorite VW in original configurations. A few beautiful specimens of post-67 beetles were present of which 3 special editions of the seventies: Bruno's 1303 Big, come from the Pas de Calais, Nicolas's 1302 "World Champion" and my Jeans beetle. We benefitted from this to make family's photo.
- To finish, I update
the page Collectors, with a new post card.
June 12, 2006: The Super VW National 2006 lived ! A great meeting where I could meet some Jeans beetles owners, all very passionate by this model. I could count and could admire 7 Jeans on the site, of which a rare 95. Next year, we will tempt to regroup all the Jeans beetles present and make a beautiful family's photo.
- I had dreamed to find one (without big hope), the dream became reality ! and New Old Stock ! This pretty gear speed lever, probably an element of the "Kit Jeans" joined my personal collection.
- Update of the collectors with 2 post cards found at the Beetleshop.
- Update of the census page with 4 news Jeans beetles
- I'm looking for information about the "Jeans Kit" , sold in the VW concessions in 1974 - see the page Help me
- No comment !
- At the same page, the manufacture of a tool to extract rear wheel bearing (in french)
- Update of the page Documents with a new German ad for 1975 Jeans beetles, sent by Stefan Langer. Vielen Dank Stefan !
- Update of the census page with 5 news Jeans beetles
- Sad but rare old photo of a S716 Jeans beetle ! I hope that this accident with a Citroen 2cv of the Post Service didn't end too badly for the drivers! document transmitted by Geoffroy Lhoest
- To finish, a photo of the beautiful "Big" beetle of Geoffroy Lhoest. The" Big" is a special edition appeared at the same time as Jeans beetle and, as them, "Big" beetles must be restored now !
2006: Hello, and as it's not too late, I wish to all
visitors of the site, an happy new year 2006!
- I suppressed (temporarily) the page of the prototypes. I'm in waiting of information to this topic.
To finish, Stefan Langer transmitted me some documents about the Jeans Polo ! left in 1976, this special edition of the Polo takes the features that made the success of the Jeans beetle: flashy bodywork and Jeans upholstery ! pretty isn't it ?
December 1st 2005: Hi all, the winter came back ! It is time to
bring your Jeans beetle in the garage and to lavish her some care. For
mine, the disassembly of her gearbox for a good cleaning is in
forecasting. If you don't have anything of foreseen in the immediate,
you can thumb the additions and updates of the pages of this site :)
Two new pages:
They indicated me the paint code L11C "Brilliant Gelb" and not the L13M "Saturn Gelb" as I had announced it. The upholstery of these Jeans is in the green color
Finally, and to finish this update, this Jeans beetle with a "vintage" look seen on an English meeting ! étonnant non ?
September 27 2005: 10 days of vacations in Jeans beetle ! A jaunt of nearly 2000 km to go to the excellent vw show of the Cap d'Agde, in the south of France, last September 10 and 11.
August 24, 2005: Hello ! I begin to collect some infos on the different models of Jeans, more especially on the models year 1974, I would put update this page shortly.
Seen on the net, a Mexican Jeans beetle surprised on a site of auction. Its metalized color (Violettmetallic indicates the classified ad) surprised me a lot. I hope to have some infos on this car.
Also seen on the web, the new Jeans (New) Beetle ;-) !!
To finish, 5 new Jeans beetles have been added to the census.
July 26, 2005: English version available
July 1st: The site is on line! I hope that this website exclusively reserved to Jeans beetles will please you. you're welcome !